The Brandy Route
Take a slow, leisurely journey into brandy heartland to discover fine brandies as unique as their legendary makers.
It's been said that the wide-open spaces of the ruggedly beautiful brandy hinterland have encouraged a freedom of spirit and an independence from the mainstream. On your R62 brandy sojourn you'll discover character and country charm. Life here has fewer frills and less haste. So take it slow, allowing time to drink in the love, attention and skill put into South African brandy. Take note: story-telling come thick and fast in this part of the world. And there's no better way to hear them than first-hand, over a glass of brandy, when you head into the heartland of Cape brandy making.
DID YOU KNOW?
- Brandy is the soul of the wine it is distilled from.
- It takes 5 liters of wine to produce a liter of brandy.
- South African brandy has some of the most stringent production regulations in the world.
- South African brandy is matured for at least 3 years in small French oak casks.
- Brandy is South Africa’s largest selling and favourite spirit.
Cellars of the Brandy Route
KWV House of Brandy
Other brandy websites: